I agree that a separate "lite" distribution would be useful for those who do
not wish to deal with Java.  I also agree with Wade that such a release should
provide the option to automatically download and install a JRE distribution if
one wishes to do so.

Around naming, it seems to make sense to continue to build off the Apache
NetBeans brand, but perhaps create new "editions".  I like something like
"Apache NetBeans: PHP Edition", or something of the like.

Josh Juneau
juneau...@gmail.com
http://jj-blogger.blogspot.com
https://www.apress.com/us/search?query=Juneau