On Sat, 3 Aug 2019, 16:49 Emilian Bold, <emilian.b...@gmail.com> wrote:

> NetBeans is in another phase now and the whole desktop IDE/platform space
> is in another place in the industry. NetBeans is being much too
> conservative with its APIs.

I agree with you. I was questioning the idea of people only building on the
platform cluster. As you say, the space is changing. I'd expect overall
number of projects building on our APIs is likely to drop, but as a
percentage those using more than just the platform cluster will rise. Or,
why treat platform cluster APIs differently?

Anyway, one to solve in another thread? More interested in your thoughts on
the build number / impl version issue given your interest in
reproducibility and/or concerns with your distribution!