po 5. 8. 2019 v 17:50 odesílatel Matthias Bläsing <mblaes...@doppel-helix.eu>
napsal:

> ... it might be
> an option for you to relicense the older versions of the graal.js
> parser to UPL and we might gradually switch to the modern version,

Hello Matthias,
yes, relicensing the old parser is the simplest solution. Here it is:
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1407

I had to build the binary myself, as this code is never going to be
released on Maven central. Hopefully it will be a good base for gradually
switching to some newer and official version of the parser.

> only
> retaining a minimal changeset required to support JSX. But

Ideally the "minimal changeset" wouldn't be a diff, but an extension. We
can modify the graal-js-parser to allow hooks/(seams)[
http://wiki.apidesign.org/wiki/APISeam] at various places and NetBeans
could register its JSX extension without modifying the graal-js-parser code
at all!

> that is a
> wild idea.

A vision without speculation would be today's reality!

> You (personally and the team at Oracle Labs) obvisually know what you
> are doing, so you might have a better idea.

Yeah, I may have an idea, but we still need somebody to switch to newer
version of the graal-js-parser. But at least NetBeans 11.2 will not have to
download the parser anymore.
-jt