On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 at 15:11, Geertjan Wielenga <geert...@apache.org> wrote:
> How can we handle this situation?
>
> Maybe we can create tribes around certain areas and then have the tribes
> work together to respond to issues, create specifications, lead discussions
> on the mailing list, and implement the technical solutions together?

That might work.  I think we have something of a problem with
disconnect.  I didn't particularly like JIRA before being release
manager, and I can't say my opinion improved!  We have discussions on
the mailing list, discussions on JIRA, and discussions on GitHub PRs.
Somehow those need to sync up better.  In particular, it's difficult
to get a sense on JIRA of what's still a live problem, or really a
priority.

Not sure there's much useful there! :-\

Some Apache projects are using GitHub issues I believe.  While I'm not
sure about putting more of our infra out of our control, it would at
least tie up to PR discussions more easily.

If we stick with using JIRA, can we simplify our components list, make
it a required field, and auto-assign issues based on it?