Please NEVER close an issue that has not been verified as fixed or no-longer
relevant.

That is the #1 way to discourage participation.  "I report the bug - nobody
fixed it , they just closed the issue without even considering it" … that’s a
crap way to do things.

By all means change the state of the issue to indicate more information is
needed.  Like, “This was reported against 8.2, does this still occur in 11.1?”
(Why wouldn’t it still be a problem if it hasn’t been marked fixed already?)

If the module hasn’t been donated yet, but it will be, why would you
intentionally lose all that feedback about what still needs to be fixed?

Deferring an issue is not the same as closing an issue. If you haven’t verified
the issue is fixed DO NOT CLOSE it.  Thats just giving the finger to the
community that bothered to report the issue and try to help make NetBeans
better.

A better approach would be to script something that went through old opened
issues and asked for them to be re-evaluated by the submitter (if they are
still around).

Scott