My examples were not about using markdown, just give you an example on how
others do it 😊 I’m fine with everything comes up with a better process than
now. Thats it 😊

@laszlo great Idea with the JavaFX Thing 😊

Von: John Neffenger
Gesendet: Sonntag, 10. November 2019 20:07
An: dev@netbeans.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Add an issue description template

On 11/10/19 7:40 AM, Christian Lenz wrote:
> Sure, I mean they have separated fields if we can handle this under Apache,
> to have suche a template, why not. I don’t want to exegerate it. Using a
> plain text like others do in Github, for example here:
> https://github.com/microsoft/vscode/issues/new?template=bug_report.md or
> here: https://github.com/junichi11/netbeans-wordpress-plugin/issues/new smth
> simple with text inside the description field.

Right. I think I'll drop the text effects (italic and bold) and keep
just the headings (h3). That makes it more legible as plain text.

The examples above use Markdown, though, and it seems we're stuck with
the less well-known Jira notation. I found a Markdown plug-in for Jira,
but I'm not sure how the switch in markup would work at Apache.

By the way, for our own bug reports, it's easy to write them in Markdown
and convert them to Jira notation using Pandoc! For details, see the
Bash script in my comment here:

Minor formatting issues with Jira output
https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/5858#issuecomment-551900899

There's also a link to a Makefile I use at the top of that issue.

John