On Fri, 3 Jan 2020 at 09:28, antonio <anto...@vieiro.net> wrote:
> I don't think exposing the "netbeans-vm.apache.org/pluginportal" url is
> a good idea (because it ties a service to a specific box).

+1

> We may want to _also_ shut down "plugins.netbeans.org", and then make
> "plugins.netbeans.org" point to
> "http_S_://netbeans-vm.apache.org/pluginportal".

Keep in mind also the IDE links are not directly to
plugins.netbeans.org but to eg.
https://netbeans.apache.org/nb/plugins/11.2 and are different for
every release.  Those redirects should probably bypass
plugins.netbeans.org completely in
https://github.com/apache/netbeans-website/blob/master/netbeans.apache.org/src/content/.htaccess

All the links to consider handling are in
https://github.com/apache/netbeans-jenkins-lib/blob/master/meta/netbeansrelease.json

It might be good to keep existing plugin infrastructure live until
12.0 is released IMO.