+1

It still essential to keep bits.netbeans.org: it hosts older Maven
artifacts that are still required. If you want to create a Mavenized plugin
for VisualVM 1.4.x which is still based on NB platform 8.2 or 9.0, you need
to access the RELEASE82 and RELEASE90 artifacts. I recently faced this
issue.

Alternatively, we could move the artifacts to another repository.