This is odd.
cnd/cnd.debugger.dbx et-al is a module that's part of the "Studio"
closed-source product.
Maybe some kind of stub was added later on. My copy of the NB repo is is all
pre-apache and even older and it doesn't
have these modules.
Maybe Oracle accidentally gave away the C++ from Studio as opposed to plain NB.

What apache repo/branch is this new batch of giveaways which includes C++? I'll
try and look at this module and
maybe it'll jog my memory/clear things up.