On 2/6/20 11:06 PM, Jan Lahoda wrote:
On Fri, Feb 7, 2020 at 5:19 AM Ivan Soleimanipour <
ivan.soleimanip...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

This is odd.
cnd/cnd.debugger.dbx et-al is a module that's part of the "Studio"
closed-source product.
Maybe some kind of stub was added later on. My copy of the NB repo is is
all pre-apache and even older and it doesn't
have these modules.
Maybe Oracle accidentally gave away the C++ from Studio as opposed to
plain NB.

FWIW, the cnd.debugger.dbx module was actually part of the NetBeans
repository:
http://hg.netbeans.org/releases/file/default/cnd.debugger.dbx

And it is part of the donation, I believe, but Geertjan deleted it:
https://github.com/geertjanw/netbeans/commit/87a0e772aa34c308717d6522982810267aca54a7

I don't think that this stuff was never supposed to be part of netbeans.
For example,

https://github.com/geertjanw/netbeans/commit/87a0e772aa34c308717d6522982810267aca54a7#diff-6b8d82252d130f7527fc907a1447deee
has these: import com.sun.tools.swdev.glue.*;

Glue was an Oracle proprietary RPC protocol.

My latest copy of classic NB dates from Aug 1 2016 and it doesn't have this dbx
stuff.

Looking at http://hg.netbeans.org/releases/file/default/cnd.debugger.dbx I see
dbx stuff, e.g.

http://hg.netbeans.org/releases/file/default/cnd.debugger.dbx/src/org/netbeans/modules/cnd/debugger/dbx/capture/ExternalStartImpl.java
which is a module that deals this feature
    https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E77782_01/html/E77803/ss-attach-1.html
of studio, was added like this:
        author  Svata Dedic <sde...@netbeans.org>
                Tue, 17 Oct 2017 16:38:27 +0200
Looking at some other trad NB files in that neighbourhood this looks like some
sort of bulk copy so
the only important data point is the date not the author.

presumably because it has problematic dependencies.

While Geertjan may have dealt with the issue by looking at "problematic
dependencies" it seems to me that it's
more an issue of poor IP and copyright provenance.