This is a more general question. NB 12 b6 now has a jlink option for the JavaFX
Simple project. Cool, I haven't used this feature of Java yet. As the
module-info.java file did not indicate what to include or exclude (remember I
don't know how to use jlink) I believe that what was generated in the
target/image folder was the equivalent of a JRE. I make this assumption because
the folder is 60 mb in size. Heck, I just searched thru the image and found
keytool.exe. I should ask the jlink group at Oracle about this. My ignorance is
on display.

So here is my question. Without jpackage creating an executable package what is
the value of jlink?

To everyone who is working on NB you have my utmost respect. You are doing
amazing work. I'll be doing a Jakarta EE tech talk at the Eclipse foundation on
June 9 at 11 AM DST and I will be using NetBeans (they know I will be).

Ken