On 5/30/2020 9:41 AM, Kenneth Fogel wrote:

This is a more general question. NB 12 b6 now has a jlink option for the JavaFX Simple project. Cool, I haven’t used this feature of Java yet. As the module-info.java file did not indicate what to include or exclude (remember I don’t know how to use jlink) I believe that what was generated in the target/image folder was the equivalent of a JRE. I make this assumption because the folder is 60 mb in size. Heck, I just searched thru the image and found keytool.exe. I should ask the jlink group at Oracle about this. My ignorance is on display.

So here is my question. Without jpackage creating an executable package what is the value of jlink?

I'm not sure what you're looking for, or what jdk you're running, and I don't know anything about jpackage other than what I can intuit from the name. I think it's recent,

   There is: jdk-14.0.1/bin/jpackage.exe.

Also in case you're not aware, you can cd <project.directory>/target/image/bin and then, assuming your package is org.play.proj and the main class is App, run your app by doing

   ./java org.play.proj.App

-ernie

To everyone who is working on NB you have my utmost respect. You are doing amazing work. I’ll be doing a Jakarta EE tech talk at the Eclipse foundation on June 9 at 11 AM DST and I will be using NetBeans (they know I will be).

Ken