On Fri, 28 Aug 2020 at 18:23, Ernie Rael <err...@raelity.com> wrote:
> functionality was
> on par.

Not with Java 11 it isn't.  Not sure about the current state, exactly.
Personally I was in favour of dropping in 12.1 when this last came up,
but that would lead to no Java editing support on Java 8, and problems
on 11.  Others better to comment from a technical perspective.
Definitely would make some aspects of release easier unless we get
schedules better aligned.

Perhaps aiming to drop after Java 17 lands is a better bet?  Or was
possibly even decided last time this came up?

> I have no idea about the efforts for nb-javac, just wonder if
> it's the best use of resources.

Not (strictly) our resources.  Also a pro and a con, which is why I
asked about code hosting elsewhere so others in the community could
more easily work with it, although it cannot be developed here.