Dne středa 21. října 2020 20:37:16 CEST, Laszlo Kishalmi napsal(a):
> That would be fine, I just have one concern: Apache Licensing Policy.

David Nalley has joined the discussion and indicated Apache maintains accounts
for iOS and Android publishing, btw.

> And that could be a hard one to crack. So if we ever decide to ship
> something non Apache Compliant stuff, like nb-javac or something else
> with the VSCode Extension, it won't be really possible under the Apache
> umbrella.

Right, it is clear that Apache isn't going to distribute nb-javac. Let me
describe the solution from a technical perspective. The PR

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/2447

introduces concept of extensibility: "the launcher ... scans all activated
extensions and collects clusters from (their) `nbcode` subdirectory. As such
it is possible for various VSCode extensions to contribute modules into the
same backend and enhance its functionality."

Thus the solution to nb-javac problem is: An independent entity shall release
and upload to the Marketplace an extension with `nbcode` subdirectory
providing the nb-javac modules. When users install "Apache NetBeans Language
Server" extension as well as the extension providing nb-javac, the extensions
find each other and start to co-operate.

> So I'd propose not to tie the Publisher with Apache. It could
> be an independent publisher group who can be eventually be member of the
> Apache NetBeans community and also use the "built on Apache NetBeans"
> rather than "built by Apache NetBeans". Though the later one sounds
> better, but has many restrictions.

This is also perfectly valid option, although I slightly prefer release of the
"Apache NetBeans Language Server" extension by ASF, if we can make it in time
(see David Nalley email).

Best regards.
-jt