Hi,
As suggested, I've created INFRA issue for ASF Publisher on VSCode marketplace

thank you,
Martin

On 22. 10. 20 5:58, David Nalley wrote:
On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 23:40 Jaroslav Tulach <jaroslav.tul...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Thanks for your reply, David.

I am not aware of any Apache project uploading something to the
Marketplace. I am not sure if Apache has credentials to do it. If so,
great, let's use them.
I don't recall off hand that the ASF has a Microsoft Marketplace account.
However, we do maintain accounts at Apple and Google for similar
purposes, and it's somewhat reasonable to assume that we could do
similar in this case.

That would be ideal. How shall we proceed investigating this direction?
Submit

an issue to infra? Legal?

An infra ticket referencing this issue.

....(publishing by an independent group)....
touches Apache copyright...
I'd be more worried about the trademark implications than copyright.

Right, trademark is it.

Laszlo seems to prefer an ...

independent publisher group who can be eventually be member of the
Apache NetBeans community and also use the "built on Apache NetBeans"
rather than "built by Apache NetBeans". Though the later one sounds
better, but has many restrictions.

...I guess we all would be fine with both solutions. Either upload managed
by

Apache (like in case of Apple Store and Google Play) or upload by an

independent group. It's just a question what we can handle in three weeks

timeframe more easily?

-jt