On Thu, 6 Jan 2022 at 16:05, Glenn Holmer <ce...@kolabnow.com.invalid> wrote:

> On 1/6/22 09:38, Neil C Smith wrote:
> > Following the lazy consensus thread I've started work on porting
> > Airflow's issue forms for NetBeans, making changes where necessary.
> >
> > There is an in progress PR at https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/3415
>
> The bug report form is excellent. It looks welcoming, like we really
> want people to file issues. The last thing you want is for someone to
> start filing an issue, then give up in exasperation because it's more
> complicated than their tax returns. I was particularly impressed by "we
> are happy to guide you in the contribution process".

Yes, I think Airflow really nailed it!  I've tried to keep as much as
possible of their wording and structure while changing where needed.
I also think they balance the complexity well - not a tax return, but
also not easy to make a drive-by log dump with no context!

If you want to, compare with
https://github.com/apache/airflow/issues/new?assignees=&labels=kind%3Abug%2Carea%3Acore&template=airflow_bug_report.yml