Hello guys,
thanks a lot for dealing with the issue so nicely in PR-4498.

> Re: the bitwise shifts

The easiest way to avoid breaking an API is to not touch it. I have to admit I
don't understand why the need to clean something up also includes innocent API
constants?

> yeah this sounds like something we should revert. Since it is a cleanup
> PR, reverting it should be safe.

+1

I'd also suggest to remember that cleanup PRs shall not touch API! There is no
justification in breaking API just because we want to clean our codebase.

Thank you: https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/4498/files#r950657498

Executive summary: If a "cleanup PR" has to touch `.sig` files, then it is not
a cleanup!
-jt