On 27.10.22 16:58, Ernie Rael wrote:
On 22/10/27 2:59 AM, Neil C Smith wrote:
On Wed, 26 Oct 2022 at 21:12, Ernie Rael <err...@raelity.com> wrote:
  NetBeans found
refuge in the powerful walled city state of Apache; where residents are
only allowed commerce with those within its walls or with some who it
explicitly approves.
Your text amused me,
At least I got something right. I was half expecting exile or a trip to the gallows; although those outcomes aren't precluded by your amusement.
but this statement I find ironic.  Apache is a
lot more open than the powerful walled city state that is OpenJDK,
which is actually where a bunch of our issues stem.

(Yeah, I can see that.)

... that is OpenJDK, still controlled by the wealth of the old Kingdom and not truly independent.

If you really wanted to put the cat amongst the pigeons, you could
question whether Semeru is an ASL compatible JDK?! ;-)

Civil war in the ensuing chaos?

the clone wars rather :)

-mbien

(I don't look much at the java ecosystem, hadn't heard of Semeru. I blanked on ASL, was finally obvious. Didn't think it was AgeSexLocation)

-ernie