On Mon, 24 Oct 2022 at 17:02, Michael Bien <mbie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 24.10.22 17:27, Ernie Rael wrote:
> > The link to apache's guidelines for voting was clarifying for me. I'd
> > like to see a more technical discussion.
>
> for me too, I withdrew the -1 vote the moment I realized that this could
> qualify as veto since this discussion would fall into the code-change
> category.
>
> Luckily withdrawing vetos is legal, which is useful since I didn't even
> intend to veto anything :)

I would also point out that the link I shared strongly suggests using
whole numbers in the code-change category, as the position expressed
is boolean.

It's why I said above I'm lending you a -0.01! :-)  I don't think it's
helpful to muddy the waters here.  You're vetoing in all but name.  I,
for one, would like to see you and others moving to a neutral, if not
positive, stance before I'd review my own.

OTOH, I don't think this is all suited to technical discussion on
individual code changes either, as there are also questions of broad
direction of travel raised here that need to be reconciled.