you need
to bug people.
That's what I meant by politics

the activities associated with the governance of a country or other area, especially the debate or conflict among individuals or parties having or hoping to achieve [merge]

-ernie

On 23/01/18 8:40 AM, Neil C Smith wrote:
On Wed, 18 Jan 2023 at 16:28, Michael Bien <mbie...@gmail.com> wrote:
no they won't get merged automatically.

quote from Neil's notice mail:
  > All open pull requests for NB17 will be pushed to NB18.

milestones are just a way to roughly organize PRs around deadlines.
Yes, this, no politics involved.  Quite the opposite!  I just used the
bulk edit tool to select all the open NB17 PRs and retarget them.  We
do this each time.  If we don't we end up having discussions that can
delay freeze for days or weeks, and causes knock on problems and
delays.

If it's not in master by freeze date, it's not in, unless a case is
made to merge to delivery for a later RC.  If you have concerns about
a particular PR not being merged and freeze is getting close, you need
to bug people.

Any particular PR in mind?  Is it a candidate for RC2?