Hi Antonio,

Overall I do agree. The "optimal" PR size however very much depends on what the PR actually does and how large the changeset is. Even trival changes when applied to a large enough codebase can cause trouble. Some tests actually abuse the identity of 'Integer' for example since they were written before autoboxing existed (I only know that since someone actually tried that exact refactoring before).

Another example are generics, which is super tiresome to review - this has to be split up.

Some cleanups can be probably done codebase-wide - I have done them before (depends on how many files they touch), others should be better split up.

Thats why I would very much like that the contributors would actually talk to us instead of front loading 10 PRs ;)

best regards,
michael