On 27.01.23 18:04, Michael Bien wrote:
On 26.01.23 19:18, Neil C Smith wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 at 18:04, Michael Bien <mbie...@gmail.com> wrote:
But since so many PRs piled up by now, I would like to wait till NB
17rc3 is out, and then after that slowly start merging again. Plan is to
let some time pass between merges so that everyone gets the opportunity
to update the local clones and PRs incrementally which should reduce the
risk of conflicts a bit.

would this be ok or should we wait till NB 17 is out?
Well, with releases hat on, I'll repeat what I said before. Feel free
to merge but be aware of what's coming into delivery.

Or in other words, if you take responsibility for merging something
that causes conflicts on sync, you're first on the list to sort out
the git mess*! :-)

yes but this is always the case. Merging a PR you haven't written yourself is like accepting a side quest :)

speaking of which, planning to merge this one after rc3 unless someone disagrees:

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/5189

since it is limited to the platform mods, it should have the lowest risk of causing conflicts during the late-release phase

-mbien

-mbien

* incidentally be aware that the helpful GitHub UI will break things here.

just wait
with the create PR button press.
And please at least do a local compile and run to check it actually
manages those things first!