On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 10:26 AM Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 11:16 AM, Neil C Smith
> <neilcsmith....@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > ...I assume we wouldn't want the output of
> > them to be under any kind of license?...
>
> As a podling, NetBeans releases are approved by the Incubator PMC, and
> I doubt they would approve a release containing files with no license.

Not quite what I had in mind, though.  Take

https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/blob/master/apisupport.wizards/src/org/netbeans/modules/apisupport/project/ui/wizard/wizard/instantiatingIterator.javx

This didn't used to have a license header at all prior to the donation I
believe?  So, the file itself has a license, but I assume from the way that
the license has been added to the template it's effectively a comment, and
so the output of the template process is still a file with no license,
which is as it should be in my opinion.  I'm wondering at what point, if at
all, the code generated by a template in this way becomes determined as
needing to carry the Apache license?

Best wishes,

Neil
--