On 2018-03-18 Christian Lenz wrote:

> ... In a web world, we are in a fast living century. Nowadays and some years
> ago,
> we have now Flex box and it is easy possible. Sure, if you have to fight with
> old
> Browsers, you have to made smth Special, but those are Workarounds or
> polyfills
> for older Browsers.

+1

There is huge effort in adopting new standards which ease the Web development
drastically.
Now even complex layouts can be accomplished quite easily by CSS Grid:
https://hackernoon.com/how-css-grid-beats-bootstrap-85d5881cf163

Nowadays data can be copied via clipboard, it is possible to upload entire
folders, PDF can be replaced (to some extent) with HTML + CSS Paged media etc.
There are lots of others features impossible just few years ago on the web.

So if we compare pros/cons of Swing vs. HTML5/CSS, I think experts for these
technologies should be involved to get objective results.

Jan