I forgot: the advantage of the redirect in netbeans-vm is that when 9.0 is
superseded with a later version, we should delete 9.0 from
dist/mirrors.Tthe release would then be available through archive. And we
could simply change the redirect from mirrors to archive. The disadvantage
is that we will need to keep the URL hardcoded in the IDE working.

Jan