Hi,

Some comments/ideas:

1. I think we should open an issue with INFRA so they are aware ouf our ~3TB/month load requirements. I imagine they'll prefer we use the mirror network.

2. We can make http://netbeans.apache.org/updates/9.0/ redirect to wherever we want (we _don't need a specific domain_ for that) by using a simple .htaccess file (much like [1]). We can do this ourselves, today. Let me know if you want to try it out with, say, the 9.0-beta files. I think Infra should validate that our web server is going to hold the load, though.

3. If we use the mirror system we'll be losing statistics. AFAIK the mirror network does not consolidate server logs.

4. Now that we're talking about releasing NBMs maybe we should start thinking on releasing stuff to Maven central (as NetCAT required). How are maven central artifacts generated? I don't think we have this tooling under the Apache umbrella, have we?

Cheers,
Antonio

[1]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans-website/blob/master/netbeans.apache.org/src/content/.htaccess