On Wed, 30 May 2018 00:17:06 -0400
Emilian Bold <emilian.b...@protonmail.ch> wrote:

> > The -rc1 is 9.0-rc1-rc1 or some new tag on Github coming?
>
> Good point, we have the 9.0-rc1-rc1 tag, perhaps I should add another
> tag 9.0-rc1 pointing to the same commit?

It is moot to me. I just have some 300+ packages to update. Not a big
deal, but I rather not do that back to back. Like updating once for a
vote, than again for a tag of the same thing.

Luckily Gentoo ebuild format does allow for chained rc, so
netbeans-9.0_rc1_rc1.ebuild, is valid just odd :)

I just would like to be able to update to test a release. Not that my
vote or anything would matter. I was just unsure if I should do that
for the rc1-rc1, if another rc1 was coming... If they are 2 tags to the
same point in git history. Its kinda moot, and surely not worth
updating the 300+ again just for change of rc1-rc1 -> rc1.

No worries, just trying to figure out when I should update my stuff.

--
William L. Thomson Jr.