Now I see that I jumped in without fully understanding the topic :-)

My proposal for using "-vote1" suffix still stands. I think it's much more clearer that "-rc1" and "-vc1".

Best regards,
Ognyan

На 30.05.2018 в 22:25, Emilian Bold написа:
Note that inside the 'dev' folder
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/netbeans/incubating-netbeans-platform/incubating-9.0-rc1-rc1/
 we have incubating-netbeans-platform-9.0-rc1-bin.zip

So the artifact itself is not called -rc1-rc1. Only the tag and the folder we
use inside dev/incubator.

Once the vote passed, the artifact was the same, but the folder was renamed not
to include -rc1-rc1 but just -rc1:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/netbeans/incubating-netbeans-platform/incubating-9.0-rc1/

I think we are clear on what needs to be done and the next release manager will
use something else.

I believe Geertjan had a wider scope in mind when starting this thread, let's
focus on that.

--emi