On 2018-09-18 Peter Nabbefeld wrote:

> While JavaHelp might be licensed under AL2, it still suffers from UI
> support.
>
> What about some JavaHelp 3.0 (which probably needs a new name), building
> on Lucene but with a replaceable GUI (probably based on Servo renderer)?

JavaHelp format is kind of standard, it can be produced by many tools. So
before inventing the new format we could just improve the client. But I agree
it is hard decision which technology to use:

Swing CSS support is poor
JavaFX is not part of JDK 11+ any more

So only viable option seem to be rewriting the client to some JavaScript based
Single Page App (it would read .jar and render it in same way as hsviewer, but
directly in a browser).

Jan