On 12/7/18 1:59 PM, Antonio wrote:
Hi all,

El 7/12/18 a las 13:37, Neil C Smith escribió:
b) We can set up a "bits.netbeans.org" in netbeans-vm.apache.org, but
then the links to non-existent stuff will return a 404.
You can proxy 404s to the previous server if need be, with a trivial
rewrite.
I was just in the middle of replying to say you'd said that! :-)

Antonio, my original idea had been to redirect 404s.  But when we had
the web chat on this a while back, Daniel (IIRC) recommended proxying
back to the old server in this way so that no changes were needed on
the Oracle side, if making it less obvious where the content is coming
from.  At the time we were talking about this for netbeans.org not
bits.netbeans.org, and we may need to still look at doing that there
too.

But where should I send 404 redirections? To which server?

Of course I can't redirect 404 in bits.netbeans.org back to
bits.netbeans.org, right?

redirect it to the IP of the old server? :)

Thanks,
Antonio