Von: Geertjan Wielenga
Gesendet: Freitag, 5. April 2019 09:54
An: dev
Betreff: [DISCUSS] Experimental installers for 11.0

Hi all,

Reema has put the installers created from the installer sources in her pull
request on Apache NetBeans GitHub in her repo:

https://github.com/rtaneja1/incubator-netbeans/tree/installer-bin-11vc4/nbbuild/installer/binaries

She also has a process whereby the installers can be generated as part of
the build.

However, since we have not checked in the sources of the installer into
Apache NetBeans GitHub and we have not included these convenience binaries
as part of the vote threads, the installers above can not be seen as
official Apache NetBeans installers -- though that should be the aim for
the next releases.

However, as discussed in other threads some time ago, there's nothing wrong
with explicitly linking to the above on the page below so long as we clear
state that these are not official Apache NetBeans installers, though that
they should be seen as experimental installers for the next release:

https://netbeans.apache.org/download/nb110/nb110.html

Do we agree with this? Interested in responses and if everything is
favorable and no objections, will add the info as described above to the
page above in 24 hours.

Thanks,

Gj