Sure, go for it, put it together.

The advantage of Maven Central is that it is well established, has well
defined co-ordinates, has mirrors, and together with all the other
artifacts, a plugin author could include the NBM file, together with the
JARs, etc, e.g., here:

https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/netbeans/plugin/support/embedded/jetty-9-embedded-command-manager/1.3.0/

I.e., each entry in Maven Central has co-ordinates such as these,
completely standardized:

<groupId>org.netbeans.plugin.support.embedded</groupId>
<artifactId>jetty-9-embedded-command-manager</artifactId>
<version>1.3.0</version>

Why not leverage these clearly defined ways of distributing and accessing
artifacts?

Gj