Hi, I have the same issue when I create a connection to PostgreSQL, the
reason is make sure your driver class name is correct.

For example my HIVE driver name is "com.amazon.hive.jdbc4.HS1Driver"

Also make sure your URL format is correct :)

My  PostgreSQL setting is like this:

<http://apache-nifi-developer-list.39713.n7.nabble.com/file/n2873/Screen_Shot_2015-09-18_at_2.png>

Database Connection URL : Format must coorect, ur hive format should like
this: jdbc:hive2://<server IP>:10000/default

Database Driver Class Name: class name must correct, if you downloaded
driver from website, take a look see if people write class name there.

Others, please post a screenshot and we can figure out what is the reason :)

Best Regards

QXU