Agreed. We will look into adding support for Hive in a much more
straight-forward way.
Of course, this isn't something that will happen in the next couple of hours or
likely the next
couple of days, so I was looking for a way to answer your earlier question of:
"is there anything
that we can do in the meantime?"

But seeing that this is becoming more than a classpath issue, it's not likely
something that we
will be able to address until then.

Thanks
-Mark