Hello,

There is a property on PutHDFS where you can specify the Hadoop
configuration files which tell the processor about your HDFS installation:

Hadoop Configuration Resources - A file or comma separated list of files
which contains the Hadoop file system configuration. Without this, Hadoop
will search the classpath for a 'core-site.xml' and 'hdfs-site.xml' file or
will revert to a default configuration.

I don't think it is possible to bypass the name node since the name node
tracks where all the files are in HDFS.

-Bryan