Hello,

The directory property should only need the path in HDFS. The other stuff
like the file system, host, and port would be determined from the provided
configuration files.

Do you receive any different response if you set the directory to just
"/root" (or some other path)?

If you still receive the same error you may want to verify you can connect
to that port from outside your vm, possibly without even using NiFi.

-Bryan