Hello,

By default NiFi will interact with HDFS as the user that started the NiFi
process. If you can only access HDFS as the superuser then you will
probably need to start NiFi as that user.

There is a "run.as" property in conf/bootstrap.conf where you can specify a
username to run NiFi as, but I'm not sure that is necessary here since it
sounds like you need to run it as superuser.

-Bryan