Generally RCs are used to address that level of validation, so in the end I
still think it's a more of a culture one chooses. One common  example; x.x.1+ =
maintenance, x.1+.0 = minor features + bugs and 1+.0.0 = major features.

In any event IMHO the ability to quickly release maintenance releases is very
important  as it showcases our attention to quality

Sent from my iPhone