Igor,

The term ETL has a lot of baggage associated with it.  What NiFi was
built to do is dataflow management.  There are already a lot of tools
out there that address the typical relational database ETL space and
NiFi doesn't need to replicate all of those functions.  So probably
best to just focus on use cases/problems and see if NiFi handles them
nicely now, doesn't handle them nicely now but should be made to do
so, or doesn't handle them nicely and it should always be left to some
other system.

Thanks
Joe