Andre I think that solution strikes the right balance without being a lot of
effort.

As mentioned Travis-ci's docs say that caching stuff like .m2 doesn't help but
in my experience you usually still get a little bump so it's worth it as long
as the ci isn't lying about the results. Removing ~/.m2/org/apache/nifi should
minimize that, so good.