Hi Matt,

not sure it matches the GSoC.
I am thinking about process mining. Take the Provenance/Data Lineage
information from the NiFi repository or from Apache Atlas (and maybe
some additional information from the processors) and analyze whether the
processes are optimal and display it graphically.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Process_mining or
https://coda.fluxicon.com/book/intro.html

Best Regards,
Uwe