I would add a test for putting in the defaults as a file when they are
added by the processor as well.

=or=

I could expose a new property to turn it on.  But really, by rule of least
surprise, I would expect the core groks to always
exist and to be able to overwrite if necessary.  We do that in metron.

There is something that feels wrong about possible duplication between the
reader serialization service nar and standard processors (
GrokExpressionValidator for example )
but that is another kettle of fish.