Andy,

Totally get your points. I imagine that introducing this approach would
help keeping dynamic exchanges on pull requests.

In case a PR needs complex/time consuming work (or in case the author is
just not in a position to process comments), I think we could have two
approaches:
- the PR is considered stale after 60 days but is actually closed one week
later. I think it leaves time for someone (ideally the author) to comment
and give an update so that the PR is not considered stale anymore, no?
- for important PRs, it's possible to "remove" this mechanism using
specific labels but I guess we would have to ask ASF infra if we want to
have rights to add labels on PRs (?)

Pierre