Ah, thanks for clarifying.

I am also not aware of such functionality on GitHub.  For me, the most
valuable feature is being able to better curate our old/stale issues
without empty commits and, if so desired, obviate the need for the "This
closes" phrasing.

In terms of my personal review processes, I don't see myself carrying out
many merges from the web itself given that I am typically on the command
line anyway doing builds and testing.

Not really an answer to your original question but I hope this better
illustrates the integration capabilities.

--aldrin