I think the approach is, and what I have always done, to begin at "the bottom," in your case, "Migrating from 1.x.x to 1.10.0," then move upward examining everything said to see if it's relevant.

Also, I would have expected this question in the us...@nifi.apache.org forum rather than the developer forum.

Hope this helps.