Hi,

Sharing my thoughts here for discussion.

=== Source code checking ====

Prior to submission, the submission shall be checked by a source code
beatify-er.

REQ1: The submission shall not be possible without a local check passing.
REQ2: A tool shall be used to check the NuttX coding standard.
REQ3: A tool shall be used to check for ASF licence compliance.
REQ4: A tool shall be used to check for blank lines at the end of files.

DREQ1) An gold standard source code file need to be created to validate tool.

Option a) Enhance nxstyle to
   i. To be complete
   ii. Support class of errors: errors, warnings, info
  iii. Support format options that fixes the files
  iv. At a minimum give compiler output error message that allow rapid fixing
of the source in a compiler output aware editor. vi, UE, VC, Eclipse.....

Options b) use a mature tool such as Astyle, Uncrutstify, clang format - train
it with https://github.com/mikr/whatstyle.

Option c) Cascade a combination of a & b to get the last 2% that option a can
not.

Option d)  Make minimal coding standard changes that can be 100% supported by
option a.*

*) Greg suggested this in the bar at NuttX2019 - caveat it was in the BAR!