As we fill in the details, this discussion will naturally blend in specifics of
implementation and tools — I expect “git” might come up in the discussions ;)
But only when we discussing details of implementation... AFTER we have established functional requirements.  Git discussions are basically out of place, disrupt communication, and usually derail the discussion of functionality.  It has happened repeatedly already.  Let's decide what we want to do, then deal with how to do it as the next step.