In general, all discussion should happen on the infrastruct hosted by ASF,
like mailing-list, JIRA, etc. This is what I have learned in the past.
And when GitHub becomes popular, the solution is to send the comments on
GitHub to a special mailing list of the project to record them on the
infrastructure hosted by ASF. And now we start to slack, so I'm not sure if
this is a strict rule now. But anyway, I think all discussion should happen
in public, so Greg has archived the private slack channels, which I think
is fine. Maybe Justin and Junping could better answer this question.

And on developing, there is no rule in ASF on how to do development. You
PMC members and committers can decide what is the suitable way. The only
limitation is that, the discussion should be public.

For me, I suggest we use GitHub PR, after the repo migration is done. And I
thiknk it is free for others to send the patch directly to you or Greg or
other committers(since it seems that this mailing-list is not suitable for
attachment), you could help opening a PR, just describe clearly that where
is the patch come from.

Thanks.

David Sidrane <david.sidr...@nscdg.com> 于2019年12月19日周四 下午9:13写道: