Hi,

> Do I understand you correctly? We can use the original google group and add a
> user there with the dev@nuttx.apache.org?

Mailing list are archived / mirrored in serval places, here’s a couple:
https://lists.apache.org
https://markmail.org/search/
https://nabble.com (for some lists and it’s a more user forum like approach)

While might be possible to keep the google group and have all email copied here
and thus archived, there would be other things that would need to be carefully
considered. For context no other project has their main form of communication
outside of ASF hardware. Some projects communicate a lot via JIRA or GitHub
issues and these interactions are sent to the projects mailing list. There's a
project happening to help archive and translate instant messaging, that’s
probably 6 months or more away from working out how that works with ASF
infrastructure and ASF values.

One other consideration. Google groups may go away as some point, it’s not like
google hasn’t removed other services before. While it seems unlikely that it
will disappear tomorrow, what about in 5 year to 10 years or 20 years? Can
everyone have access it? For instance, some google services are blocked in
China. I assume you need a google account to be able to use it, can everyone
create one to be part of the project? As a comparison the ASF plans to be
around for 50+ years and keeps access open to everyone.

Thanks,
Justin