Hi,

NuttX newbie here.

I'm trying to load NuttX onto a SAMA5D3-Xplained board. I am trying to
follow the board's README file. I am using the Gnu ARM embedded toolchain v9
<https://developer.arm.com/tools-and-software/open-source-software/developer-tools/gnu-toolchain/gnu-rm/downloads>
and a Segger J-Link Base JTAG debugger. I have an FTDI USB-serial adapter
connected to the board's debug serial port. I compiled NuttX with the
options suggested and debug symbols. My .config file is attached.

Compiling seems to work and produces executables with debug symbols. I am
trying to find a way to boot the board. The README suggests several
options, one is via the debugger. I can boot into linux from an SD Card
using the D36 Linux4Sam instructions
<https://www.linux4sam.org/bin/view/Linux4SAM/Sama5d3XplainedMainPage> and
log in using the USB serial port, so I know the board works.

I can debug using the Segger debugger halting and starting the CPU while
running Linux. The README says, boot the board, halt the CPU, load the
nuttx ELF binary, load the symbols. That seems to work. The Segger doesn't
support 'mon pc 0x20008040' like the README suggests, but lists the default
start point as 0x20008040... so I just do 'mon go'. I expect a NSH on the
debug serial port or the USB serial port, but there's no response either
places.

My question is:
Should I be able to see a NSH console on the debug serial port? Or the USB
serial port? I don't see either devices when I look at the host system's
/dev/ directory.

cheers
adam

ps. Here's an excerpt of my gdb session:

(gdb) mon halt
(gdb) load nuttx
Start address 0x20008040, load size 106620
(gdb) file nuttx
A program is being debugged already.
Are you sure you want to change the file? (y or n) y
Load new symbol table from "nuttx"? (y or n) y
Reading symbols from nuttx...
(gdb) mon go

--
Adam Feuer <a...@adamfeuer.com>